Today's what you'd call an eventful news day in our household. Mia got her first teeth--the left one on her bottom peeked out this morning. In less exciting news, Kayla's got the dreaded hand, foot, mouth disease. It's apparently been making its round among the kids in the neighborhood. We thought we escaped it but I guess not. I discovered a strange rash on her forehead two days ago but attributed it to the heat. Then some spots appeared on her arm yesterday--and again, I thought maybe she was allergic to something. Until this afternoon when a neighbor came over to let me her son had HFMD, it didn't occur to me the rash might be related. She took one look at the rash and said, "Yep, that's it."
Hopefully it'll clear up over the weekend. I'm praying Mia will dodge this bullet, but it's more than likely she's infected. Please keep the two little ones in your prayers.

Pre-HFMD discovery: We took a walk to a nearby park. Was test-driving Mia's new summer hat!
Quote of the day:
Kayla: I'm fashionable and you're not.
Me: Why?
Kayla: Because you're wearing a T-shirt and pants and a baseball cap. I'm wearing a dress, boots and pink hat. I'm fashionable.
0 comments on "Hand, Foot, Mouth and... Teeth"
Post a Comment