Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lazy Eye


It affects 4 to 5 percent of kids in America...and who would have guessed Kayla would fall into this select group? For starters, I know next to nothing about it except that it's an eye condition that exists. I didn't notice anything strange about how she was using her eyes. No signs, no symptoms, nary a word of complaint. So when I got the referral letter for the Health Promotion Board via her school nurse, I thought nothing about it.

But when they screened her today and I noticed how she could barely see that huge picture on the wall, I knew something was wrong. Terribly wrong.

So we're off to see a paedietric opthamologist tomorrow to figure things out. Supposedly her brain has tricked her into using only one eye. Hopefully we can rewire it and improve the eye that's been slacking off for goodness knows how long. Sigh.

Why does life have to so so exciting?

*fingers crossed*

0 comments on "Lazy Eye"

 

Little Miss Hongs Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | Sponsored by Blogger Template Gallery