Saturday, August 6, 2011

So Eye See


After like a million tests and shuffling from room to room, I finally get the bad news. Kayla's case is rather severe - 750 on her right eye and perfect vision on her left.

The prescription: 3 hours of patching every day and glasses from dawn to dusk. The doc warned that it'd be hard work. Expect resistance. Perhaps try a reward system. So I've told Kayla that for every patch she wears, she'll get a star. And the stars she gets can be traded for prizes.

10 stars = my little pony
20 stars = a tiny care bear
30 stars = a Barbie doll
100 stars = the ultimate Barbie penthouse she's been eyeing on youtube for the longest time

We collect the glasses on Wednesday so until then, I've just been trying to psych her up. She knows she'll be the first in class to wear glasses. That patching her left eye might get uncomfortable. And she can explain to me why she needs to do all these. "I need to tell my brain to use the other eye, Mommy!"

For now, the enthusiasm is through the roof and I'm hoping it stays that way... Sigh.

0 comments on "So Eye See"

 

Little Miss Hongs Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | Sponsored by Blogger Template Gallery